We all know what it’s like to sit on the mix stage at 4pm on a Friday and try to resist the plate of warm chocolate chip cookies. Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with the occasional indulgence. But if you find yourself constantly exhausted by the barrage of unhealthy food options in the post-industry, you need a better strategy.
In this episode I have an in-depth conversation with Meredith Gold, the founder of the program ‘The Kung Food Way.’ Meredith is one of the rare few people I’ve come across who not only has an extensive background working in the post-production industry but also has a lot of knowledge of athletics (being a black belt herself) as well as nutrition.
Meredith is a scenario-based self-defense instructor as well as a holistic nutrition coach, a member of Black Belt Magazine’s Hall of Fame and was even voted their ‘Woman of the Year.’ Her program draws parallels between everyday safety/self-defense strategies and healthy lifestyle choices.
If you’re fed up with working in post because the food options are always terrible, this episode will provide you with the basic defense strategies you need to begin making healthier choices.
Topics of Conversation:
- Meredith’s history balancing her pursuit of self-defense and post production
- How she used her experience to help people live confidently and holistically
- Learning to be aware of the food you eat and how it affects you physiologically
- Recognizing the difference between necessary eating and unnecessary eating
- How keeping a food journal can drastically change your nutrition awareness
- Maintaining your boundaries even when you make mistakes
- Knowing your limits and giving yourself permission to let others know them too
- Combating the bombarding nature of food advertising
- How setting boundaries can actually draw people closer to you
- Using the 80-20 principle in your diet
- Learning to recognize patterns of unhealthy eating and physically removing yourself from temptation
- Maintaining healthy habits with new rituals
- Altering your path in the grocery store to encourage healthier choices
- Defending your body and your health with fierocity
Meredith Gold is a scenario-based self defense and empowerment instructor, as well as a holistic nutrition coach. Her program, The Kung Food Way, draws parallels between everyday safety/self defense strategies and healthy food and lifestyle choices. She is a former feature film and sound assistant editor who left post production in 2002 to pursue this new career direction.